har oplevet ustabilitet med trainer road/tacx neo, trainer road svarede følgelnde
Thanks for reaching out to the TrainerRoad Support Team!
I took a look at your workout and I see what you mean. This kind of behavior tends to be related to weak signal so I have listed a couple things below for you to try. These should make your signal as strong as possible and hopefully take care of this issue:
• Make sure there is a direct line of sight between your devices and TrainerRoad
• Turn off all other wireless devices in the room including speakers, headphones, keyboards, computer mice, etc.
• Change the battery in any power meter, speed/cadence sensor, or heart rate monitor
• Move the device running TrainerRoad closer to your training setup
• Close out of all other apps/programs that may be running in the background by double-clicking the home button and swiping all other apps up
• Try a ride with your wifi router unplugged. Wifi signals run on the same channel as your devices send signals out on and the interaction between the two signals can cause issues. If the ride with your router unplugged is better, you can change the channel your router sends out signals on. Here's how: https://www.howtogeek.com/197268/how-to-find-the-best-wi-fi-channel-for-your-router-on-any-operating-system/